- Psychological effects such as depression, anxiety, and anger
- Health-related issues resulting from chronic stress, lack of sleep and/or physical exercise
- Personal financial problems
- Negative career consequences
- Drug/alcohol abuse
- Elderly abuse
In order to prevent the risks mentioned above, you should consider respite if you’re a caregiver.
Some examples of respite care services include:
- Personal Care
- Meal Preparation
- Medication Reminder
- Light Housekeeping
Respite care also benefits the person receiving care in the following ways:
- Developing and nurturing the care recipient’s social, recreational and life skills;
- Reducing stress and improving the long-term functioning of both caregivers and care recipients;
- Preventing crisis situations and elder abuse.